"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Friday, September 26, 2008

Craft Project


Now, I do not consider myself a crafty person at all...in fact, I'm just not very creative usually. However, I have been wanting a couple of french style picture boards for the baby's room...so I made a couple! I did find some suggestions on the internet, so it's not all my own idea. These were made using painters canvas (on sale at Hobby Lobby this week), quilt batting, cheap fabric, ribbon, and 5/8" nails. I ran out of staples, but that worked well for a little bit as well. I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out! :) I do think I need to find some brown upholstery tacks or something to help hold the ribbon tighter where they cross.

P.S. If we have a baby girl...yes, her room is going to be blue & brown. I bought the bedding set in those colors to use for either a boy or girl--and these picture boards match wonderfully, even if you can't tell that the blue in the ribbon is a little brighter than a baby blue. :) I may add a few hot pink "accents" for a girl, but that's about it--I'm not much of a pink girl myself.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

kingtashava said...

those are so cute! and aunt tash will add some pink to baby girls life! love you

Anonymous said...

cute - I never thought about using the painters canvas for those. but makes sense!

DK Campbell said...

Very cute!! Can you find tacks in brown/blue/pink since they are the colors now... Oh, and we'll add pink too! :)))

Ryan said...

Yikes--I might have to put the brakes on some of this pink-adding fever I hear already beginning to buzz. :P Let's not go overboard with girly stuff quite yet...

Kristina B said...

I'm with you, Dalene. :) Who ever said there had to be "girl colors" and "boy colors"? Silly!

Neisha said...

they are really cute. just wait and if it's a girl then you could ask a pink tack/pin to the boards

Anonymous said...

Very cute! And I have to say I have seen your crafty side!!! I remember a night filled with popcorn, balloons and paper mache (however you spell that). If it is a girl you can count on me for a little purple and yellow!!!! Love ya and can't wait for another update!!!