"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Baby Check-in

I was in LR again yesterday for the weekly check-up. Everything's looking pretty good. Mia's b/p is still a concern at 142/90 but it probably always will be. She got a lecture from the dr. about taking her b/p medication regularly, etc. and how it can affect her and baby. I know it's important, but it's really not in my control so I just have to not worry much about it. Baby's heartbeat was good--always so much fun to hear it!! The dr. estimates that he's at least 6 lb. now, in which case that means he's been doing some pretty quick growing. Now I don't know whether to re-pack my coming home diaper bag yet again or leave the preemie outfits in there...maybe I'll add a nb size sleeper just in case. :P I enjoy packing & repacking the bag, so it's not like it's a chore or anything at this point. :) Mia has been having some contractions, but I know those can go on for weeks before the baby is born. I'm going to adjust my thinking from "any day now" to "3 weeks at the most." Maybe then I'll be surprised instead of feeling like I'm just waiting every day. I know, I know--everyone has to wait for their baby to be born, no matter how he/she joins the family. I'm recognizing lately just how many similarities there are between biological parents and adoptive parents, even during pregnancy. :)

I think I'll do some more work in baby's room today--put sheets on the twin bed, etc. We're waiting on a piece to come for the changing table/dresser that was broken when we opened the box so that Ryan can finish that and he did put the crib together this week. It's so much fun to imagine a baby in there! :P *Maybe* I'll also continue my trim project & work on the baseboard trim for the baby's room. Then the trim in that room will be finished except for some touch-ups!

Thanks for following along with our journey--I know that people wait for updates, so figure I need to be good about posting them but sometimes I feel like I'm talking about it too much. :P I guess if I were the pregnant one, I'd be talking about it even more because perfect strangers would be asking, etc. :P

6 comments:

MT Foners said...

YAY... so exciting I'm sure we all agree that you're not talking about it too much... I love hearing the updates and progress! Good luck on projects because they're hard enough to get done anyways but after a much anticipated baby arrives, I can't imagine they're going to be any easier to get done!

Becky said...

You already gave me an update when I called this morning, but this grandma couldn't resist checking in to see if there were any more details here that I might have missed. =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update!! And you're not talking to much about it, just shows how excited you are! Glad your baby is growing.

scuski's said...

i'm guessing u have car seat already, but if u need an extra, my little phat boy is just about too big(:<) for his infant car seat. so, if u want it just holla!

Anonymous said...

You are most definately not talking about it too much!!!! I look more than once a day...once when I get up and then sometime thoughout the day. That way I catch it since we are dealing with such a time difference. I get so excited when there is new news so please talk away!!!! He will be here sooner than you think and then the real packing and unpacking will begin!!! I found that Rylee was wearing some premie stuff when he was born and he was 7lb 10oz so I think whatever you have will be fine. Love you guys!!!

Neisha said...

hey, you're a proud momma-to-be, that gives you the right to always talk about the baby. plus we enjoy hearing it.