"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Rollercoaster


Well, here we go...again! :) Our social workers called today; we still don't know any more about the situation with Mia as she is currently not responding to anyone's attempts to communicate. But that's not what the sw's called about anyway. They wanted to tell me (us) about another possible match with a birthmom due Nov. 11 with a baby girl! They had already sent her our profile earlier this week and she called them today to say that she loved it and we are the family she has hoped for! So--I couldn't exactly pass up an opportunity to learn more and gave the okay for the birthmom to call me, which she did...about 10 minutes after I got off the phone with the sw's!


We talked for an hour and she truly seems to be the birthmother of our dreams. The only "negative" is that she lives so far away--6 hours south of us, almost as far south in AR as you can get without going into Louisiana. ( I know, not so far really compared to other adoption situations, but about as far as you can go and still be in the same state). We were both very comfortable talking to each other for the first time and she just kept saying that she is "so excited" and can't wait to meet us. Definitely encouraging!


Of course, we still don't know what will happen with Mia's situation and the baby boy we've carried in our hearts these past weeks--but it sounds like we may need to move on and seriously consider this other situation. I don't think it will be a problem for either of us--our minds are already spinning furiously and we've been trying to imagine the possible scenarios already.


Thanks for taking our rollercoaster ride with us--if you hang around long enough, you just never know what kind of thrill you might get. ;)


P.S. I think you can probably understand why I'm not in bed snoozing like my hubby right now--my mind is in overdrive (plus I don't have to get up for work in the morning). :P

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to get on and read even though I just got off of the phone with you. I have goose bumps just thinking about what amazing things that God has in store for you guys!!! I know it is going to be great no matter how it turns out. Know that I am thinking of you and anxiously awaiting the day or night that you call me with news of a new little one in your home. We love you and are praying for you!!!!

DK Campbell said...

Woohoo! I think this is a loop in the ride! Makes my tummy jump to my throat... :) Interesting as the thought of a little girl crossed my mind yesterday. Thinking of you ALL!

The Chairman's Wife said...

You don't know us, but we adopted our son in 2000. He was a newborn and it couldn't be more perfect. Our first daughter is adopted from China. Then we had our 3rd. But anyway... good luck in the journey. We did it both ways and I must say, the emotions and effort put forth in adoption are way, way more effort than having a baby. Most don't understand the desperate, happy, scary, on-top-of-the-world feelings that come when going through the process. I'll put you on my google reader and hope for the best for your family.

Jeff & Aleigh said...

Thinking of you both and hoping for the best!! It's amazing how God works!!

Kristina B said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. Miss you and thinking about you!

Neisha said...

it's a bummer about Mia but I'm glad there's another possibililty out there for you.