"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Riding the Waves

I know you all are waiting for an update...unfortunately, I don't have much to offer in the way of happy, cheery, baby news. I don't know how else to say it or exactly what to say--but we're definitely riding the waves here. I won't go into all of the details, but the adoption is very iffy right now and may or may not go through. I guess that's nothing new--but it's just more obvious at this point. The last we heard on Sunday, Mia had decided not to go through with it, but there are so many factors involved. Thank goodness we have a terrific relationship with her and her changing her mind has nothing to do with us--which could still work in our favor. I didn't go to LR today for the check-up so we haven't heard anything new in that regard. I had hoped for a call from the social worker updating us today, but so far that hasn't happened. I know that she'll call when she has something to tell us, though.

We're remaining hopeful (but realistic as well) and will just have to wait it out and see what happens. The good news is that with the due date 2 weeks away, we surely don't have long to wait to get closure of some kind. We thank you all for your continued prayers, support, love, hope, etc. but we kindly decline any offers of pity because it just isn't very useful. :)


p.s. if any of you have any experience with surfing the waves, we sure could use some pointers. :P (a little attempt at light-hearted humor there--can't let it get too heavy or you just get drug under!)

6 comments:

MT Foners said...

We're keeping you in our thoughts and prayers R&D...

Jen said...

The only thing that I can offer as far as "surfing the waves" is just taking one wave (aka, one day) at a time! That's about all you can do in any difficult situation, really. Easier said that done, but it *can* be accomplished and it can help tremendously. All my best in your journey!

adcoppedge said...

I am your horrible friend who keeps up with you through this blog! I don't have any experience with riding the waves but please know that we are praying for you. God knows his plans for your family and also for the baby. Remember, we love you and are here for you always! Keep your head up and a smile on your face!! Love and Miss You! Alicia

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...we are sure thinking of you in your experience. Just know that there is a reason for EVERYTHING...God's Will will be done...keep encouraged!

Anonymous said...

I don't have any experience so I can't really share any advice. I just want to say that I think what you guys are doing is amazing!!! From reading your posts, you guys seem to be soooo strong through the ups and downs!! God obviously chose the right couple for this, because you guys seem to just have this upbeat amazing strength to do this!! Good luck with everything ;) I love reading the updates!!

shadon nelson

Anonymous said...

We're thinking about you both.
Mike and Kristen