"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Productive Saturday


The picture is of red velvet cake. If you've never had it, I'm truly sorry--you're definitely missing out! Here's a link if you'd like to know more about red velvet. :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_velvet_cake


Saturday was a great day! I got lots of things done and felt so productive and satisfied at the end of the day. I made a trip to Sam's club to get cheese & meat then came home and boiled 7 lb. of chicken breasts to freeze & use later. I cut up the huge roll of hamburger into 2-people sized portions to freeze individually. Then I made two pans of lasagna and 3 pans of chicken enchiladas to pull out and bake at a later date! I also chopped up green peppers & onions to freeze and use later. :) My freezers really haven't ever been this full (that I can recall) and the best part is that it should make meals a lot easier & quicker once the baby comes and we're both too tired to do much cooking. Is this what they call "nesting"?


We topped off the day with friends and Red Velvet Cake, much to my delight and surprise! :) Thanks, Jordan, for another awesome cake--better watch out, I'm starting to count on it!
(the above picture is not of Jordan's cake--hers was much prettier--but notice the "was" and I didn't get a picture of it!)

6 comments:

Cheri said...

well done! im ready for a full day of cooking myself...if someone would just watch my kids! but...how do you boil chicken breasts?? do you just reheat them from frozen and eat them, or use them in something?

Becky said...

I was going to say that it sounds like you definitely are in the nesting stage! How exciting to be getting your house in order so to speak.

Ryan said...

I just took frozen chicken breasts and boiled them in water with salt & pepper. Then once they had cooled some, I cut them into bite-sized pieces and froze them in quart bags. Saved the broth, too...just in case I need it someday. :P I'll use it in quesadillas, soup, taco salad, casseroles, etc.

Neisha said...

yep, you're nesting.

Sonya said...

Red velvet always looks so much prettier than it tastes...too bad chocolate isn't that pretty.

Ryan said...

I totally disagree--it tastes awesome! not enough chocolate for you, Son--that's all. :P