"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Recent Ramblings

Just a quick note so that there's something new and recent on the blog. :) Things are going great here. I subbed both Wednesday and Friday this week and survived to tell about it! It went well, got me out of the house, and I earned a little bit of $ while I was at it. I'm only going to sub on Wed-Fri (so that I'm home on Ryan's days off) and only in the building where I taught the past 3 years. That gives me a little more authority to start off with. :)

I've continued to talk to Aries, our new birthmother, this week and it has gone better than I can even begin to explain. I don't know where to begin so I guess I won't say much, but we already have a great connection and I really feel like she could be "the one." Time will tell-but I can honestly say that we both feel better about this match than either of the 2 previous ones.

We are actually leaving this afternoon when Ryan gets off work to go meet her! She lives 6 hours south of us. We'll stay with my aunt & uncle in Conway tonight, be with them until tomorrow afternoon, then meet Aries for supper tomorrow night! We're super excited to meet her and she seems equally excited for us to come, so we're all on the same page! We'll stay down there tomorrow night and hopefully spend some time with her again on Monday before we head home. I should have lots to tell you when we get back!

It's such a cool feeling to know that we're going to meet the woman who is carrying a baby who may become our daughter! I already feel like Aries and her son (16 months old) could very easily become part of our extended family, so that makes it even more exciting. :) Maybe when I get back I'll feel free to say that with more confidence and less hesitation...it seems logical that we should be hesitant, but honestly I can say that I don't feel hesitant at all--just like I "should" feel hesitant. (If any of that just made any sense to anyone) :P

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice update! A grandaughter,how exciting! Love you two! MOM

Neisha said...

I'm excited with you!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! You continue to be in my prayers and I look forward to hearing all of your updates. Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I know exactly how you feel.