"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Awesome Weekend!

We had an awesome weekend! Our visit with Aries went fabulously and we didn't want to leave her--nor did she want us to leave. It is awesome to see that she is just as excited about the adoption as we are. We spent about 8 hours with her between Sunday evening and Monday--all wonderful. Mostly, we sat in her living room and just visited, getting to know each other. We went out to eat and on Monday took some sandwiches to a park where we sat enjoying the beautiful weather and just being together. She is a wonderful person who is so easy to be around and we can't wait to go back again, even though we're not sure exactly when that will happen. Sometime in the middle of the next 5 1/2 weeks, hopefully. :) I don't know what to say about her--but she truly is great. We were all very comfortable with each other. The only negative thing I can think of is that she lives too far away--I'd love to be able to spend more time with her, but the distance (330 mi) will make that difficult. I can't wait to talk to her again--hopefully later today!

In other news, we got a call from my dad this morning asking if he could come stay this afternoon/evening/and night. Of course! He's doing some trucking (hauling pigs) these days and has to be in Springdale to load tomorrow morning. Update: he got a call and had to turn around to take another load--so this didn't work. :( I still got to talk to him on the phone for a long time, which was great! We'll look forward to it working for him to stop in another time. :)

I guess that's all for now--knew some of you would be waiting for an update--and I don't feel like it's much of one. For me, our meeting Aries was a continuation of my phone conversations with her. It was even better meeting her in person, but not really different from talking to her on the phone. :) I love that through our face-to-face visits, though, Ryan can be involved and get to know her as well--and vice versa. :)

7 comments:

MT Foners said...

YAY.... Great update! have a great time with your dad!

DK Campbell said...

Yay! :) Greetings to your Dad!

Becky said...

Wonderful news! What a treat for you to have a daddy day! Enjoy your time together and tell him hi from us.

Gwen said...

you are having a very newsy life...exciting too. woohooo always fun to see a new message.

Kristina B said...

Best news I've heard all day!! Thanks for sharing :)

Kristi said...

just wanted to let you know I have been following your posts and have been excited for you. I just love how you can see your joy through your post!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that it continues to be a positive relationship and that things are going so well. I have been a little behind on checking for updates and was excited to have time to sit down and read this morning. Gabe is gone this week so I have not had much me time!!! Love ya!!! Sorry your dad didn't get to come but please tell them hi next time you talk to them for me!!!