"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Update

First of all, thank you all for your very kind comments. I hope that we can live up to them--it seems that we have high expectations to fill. :)
Well, I guess I have a few things to post as updates.
1.) I have resigned from my teaching job effective at the end of the current contract. The last day is scheduled to be June 3rd...if we don't have any unforseen delays. I need to be able to focus on the adoption process and building our family--so I'm pretty excited to be able to leave my job, although there are definitely mixed emotions. I'm planning to do some private tutoring and work as a homebound tutor for the district--they've got a few ideas on how they can use me but I told them I'm not interested in being tied down or signing any contracts. :) It really depends on how the adoption process goes how much work I'll be able to or want to do.

2.) We have our first meeting with our social worker scheduled for Monday, May 12th. That is part of the home study process--and the first of a few times that she'll be here to visit.

3.) We have our "3 hour conference" scheduled with the attorney on Monday, May 19th. This is super exciting because it will determine whether they think they can (and want to) work with us and we will know whether we want to work with them. Although, I'm already convinced...and he did tell me that they don't schedule the 3 hour conference with everyone that calls them--so that was somewhat reassuring.

I guess that may not sound like a lot, but it feels like great strides to me--heading in the right direction!

Oh, and did I mention there are 21 "teaching" days and 1 teacher workday left in the school year?! Although I'll admit that there's not a lot of actual teaching that can be done by this time--my kiddos are already on vacation. :)

4 comments:

DK Campbell said...

Sweet! It'll be flying colors!! Things are moving right along! We are SO excited for y'all! HUGS!!!!

kingtashava said...

Sister i am so excited-- can't wait to have another precious little baby in the family!!! p.s. check out my precious big baby on my blog lol its the pictures i promised you of kingston with his newest hair cut

Anonymous said...

How exciting for you guys! Being able to stay home and focus on the adoption and being a "mommy" is a HUGE thumbs up! I'm so happy for you guys...=)
Dorena

Neisha said...

Good luck! We are excited for you!!