"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day! Hope most of you are able to enjoy a day off work...I am! Ryan always has Sundays, Mondays & Tuesdays off, so not unusual for him. We're planning to go to Nathan & Jordan's for an afternoon/evening of games, food, fun--and hopefully some sun!

I finally was able to get some flowers planted on Saturday. Made my annual trip to Lowe's to buy plants/flowers--and was pleasantly surprised with my bargain finds! They've usually got a clearance rack with 1/2 dead flowers that just need to be put in the ground--and I hit the jackpot with some wave petunias, vincas, and geraniums. I also bought several perennials (don't know the names--something long and complicated--maybe one was delphinium?). I'm hoping to plant more bulbs this fall so I don't have to buy many annuals next year--but we'll see! Anyway, it was fun and I enjoyed working outside and getting my hands dirty.

I guess there's not much else to report--the adoption journey continues but nothing too notable at the moment. We have our second visit with our social worker on Tuesday evening--last visit for the home study. We're about ready to send our profile pictures and narrative off to the digital graphic people who take what we've given them and make it appealing--can't wait to see "us" advertised in brochure- like form (that's what a profile is)--it will be wierd! Once that is completed and the home study report is written (hopefully in about 2 weeks), we can be activated! That is when things could really speed up--or not; the attorney told us last week that sometimes things go along for awhile with not much happening, but then it all happens at once and you have a baby before you know it. So--we'll see! I could use a few months to do several little jobs around the house and get prepared for motherhood, but if we don't get a few months I'm completely okay with that too!

Enough said for now...

School days left with kids: 5
Days of work left: 6

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello! i was crusing through some blogs linked to my cousin Gena's and found yours! what caught my eye is your adoption journey! we adopted from Guatemala 11 - almost 12 years ago and cant tell you how awsome it was! your just starting a WONDERFUL journey! enjoy every min. before you turn around that baby will be headed into 7th grade! my blog is www.stillinstilwell.blogspot.com but it mostly has to do with food. lotsa luck!! vinda (from ks.)

scuski's said...

hey, it's jen suchowski. i added u to mylist, hope u don't mind. wish we coulda went n & j's on memorial, but....u can read my blog! :P