"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Sunday, March 30, 2008

All About Ryan


This post is all about Ryan...the good and the bad--or if you ask him, the good and the better. :P It's all in the point of view.


I like to start with good news--Ryan got 2 job offers from Wal Mart's home office technology center on Thursday and accepted one of them on Friday! It's in the Unix division--and that's all I know how to explain. :P He'll work Wed-Sat each week with his Wed. and Sat. hours alternating between two different shifts and his Thu. and Fri. hours from 6:00-6:30 (if I have it right...but something like that). He put in his two weeks at Java on Friday but we don't have a start date for Wal Mart yet--I'm sure they'll be in contact, though. :) We're pretty excited about that!


Now for the "other" news--I guess the picture says it all. Ryan bought a "motorcycle" last week--which I am not at all thrilled with, but I'm not telling you all anything he doesn't already know. :P I'm consoling myself with the knowledge that he has to take the course, get his license to drive it, and get it licensed before he can start riding it--as well as sign the insurance form and buy a helmet. So--all of that could take a week or two and that's that much longer I can breathe just a little easier. He asks if I want to ride with him--I don't see any place that looks big enough or comfortable enough for me to fit--so that answer has remained "no" for now. Besides, I don't enjoy being tense and nervous going at what feels like warp speed even though the speedometer only says 30 mph with the road that close underneath me--doesn't sound like any kind of fun to me!


He didn't spend any nights in the doghouse (of course it helps that we don't have one...hmmm...now that's got me thinking...). :P

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Congrats big brother!! Three day weekends doesn't sound half bad! I'm sure you'll enjoy that this summer!!

Neisha said...

Justin bought a motorcycle last summer and the first time I rode with him, I was so tense my shoulders and back were aching. The second time was better. Now I want my own.
Justin has a Harley so that may make a difference. Ryan's looks small.

DK Campbell said...

Congrats on the new job!!! I'll pass the news to Del... Oops... looks like we might be back to the dog questions! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ryan! On both the job and the bike! Eric really enjoyed his Harley while he had it....don't worry Dalene...all you have to do is start having children, then he'll realize that it's not very practical...then he'll buy a boat and name it "Harley"....at least that's what Eric did!!! =) Smile!

Anonymous said...

the difference between men and boys is the price of thier toys!
I still laugh when alan had a snowmobile..traded for a jetski then riding lawnmower..and guess which one was most useful??? ha
Gwen...love keeping up with your blogging:)