"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Friday, February 15, 2008

Roses are red...


Happy Valentine's Day weekend! (it's past the actual day now) I must say that although I told some of my students who were "down" about V-day yesterday morning that "it's just a commercial holiday for the stores, flower shops, restaurants, etc. to make a

lot of money..."--I must say that it turned out a little romantic. Ryan & I usually don't make any fuss about it; sometimes a card or chocolates but nothing major. Well, I got the surprise of our marriage yesterday when I turned around from talking to a student across the room and saw a guy sitting a vase with 3 red roses on my desk! I thought at first that it was one of the office helpers delivering flowers to me that someone had sent--then realized that guy was none other than my handsome husband! Of course the kids were sitting there looking at me waiting for a reaction and I blushed...then went over and hugged him-all the while exclaiming that in almost 5 years of marriage and 3 years of dating before that, he has not bought me one single fresh cut flower until now. I always tell him that I'd rather have plants or something that will last longer, but deep down I knew that there would be something special about getting roses or any fresh bouquet...and I was right! :)

After I got off work we went out to eat at a little Thai place nearby...it was nice! It's been very busy last 2 weeks, so just spending time together was great. I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off--but maybe the 3 day weekend that just began will help me get it firmly planted on my neck again. :P I could go on and on about work...but I'll spare you the details. Nothing else is too exciting either so I'll stop. I hope you're all having a great day/night/evening/morning/whatever it is wherever you are whenever you're reading this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....I got roses at work too. Even after I told Eric that I would rather buy a pair of shoes. It is fun to get flowers tho! But I must tell you....I was still allowed to get my shoes!!! =)

Becky said...

I got all teary eyed reading about your roses and had to go get a kleenex. How sweet. Now that's one moment I would have loved to catch on the camera!

DK Campbell said...

How sweet Dalene! :) They are beautiful too!