"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Thursday, January 31, 2008

SNOW DAY!




An unexpected day off work--ahhhh! On a sunny day in June when we're at school to make up for today, it won't be so cool--but right now the break is wonderful! When I got the call at 6:00 this morning, there was absolutely no precipitation to be seen out our windows--roads dry, etc. (I know--that doesn't happen up north--but here it does and I'm grateful!) By time I actually got up for good a few hours later (we'll just leave it at "mid-morning") it was snowing and there was a good coat on the ground already. Still snowing...but light and hard to see...I wish it was the huge, heavy flakes falling--they're so pretty to watch!


At Ryan's request I took the camera out and shot a few pictures, although I'm not sure they'll meet his photography seal of approval--he's a much better photographer than I am--x10. He wanted me to go work for him so he could leave to take pics--hmmm...

2 comments:

Becky said...

That's great that you got a couple days off, even if you have to make them up in June. Has your snow melted? It's been over a week since you've posted, so it's time for you to blog or post pictures again! It's so disappointing to check in and there is nothing new. Ok, I'll get a life. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

The snow was gone in about 48 hours...doesn't last long around here!