"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Playing Catch-up


I guess life has gotten so busy since school started again that now I need to play catch-up with the blog. So, some things that are going on here:


*Ryan has a new "toy"--a Pentax K10D digital SLR camera--awesome! Technically, it's our toy but it will take me about 10 times longer to figure out than him--he's been researching and playing with it all week. In fact, as I write this he's getting home from being out with some friends duck hunting. He left here before 4:00 this morning--yikes! Only, since he hasn't had his hunters safety course transferred from WI, the only thing he shot is the camera--but it doesn't sound like anyone did any shooting of guns anyway. I guess they had a good time, though...and so did I--sleeping in!
*I'm on day 7 of a 9 day Isagenix body cleansing & fat burning program. I feel fantastic; it has been great so far! After this I plan to do the 30 day program and see what happens. Feeling this great is awesome--losing weight and inches will be a huge bonus to that!


*I joined a gym called Fit 4 Her--a women only place with weights, treadmills, eliptical machines, bikes, classes, massage chairs, tanning, and more. I've only been 3 times so far but have actually enjoyed my workouts--and hopefully I'll get in shape!


*In March I'll take the master's comprehensive exam that I will pass and finally receive my master's degree in special education! Of course, before all of that I really need to do research and prepare using the 6 study questions provided. So--there's the agenda for my "free time" the next couple of months.


*Ryan is now the manager at Java on the Square (moved up from assistant when the previous manager left to work for Wal Mart). All of the "problems" the employees have are very annoying (maybe moreso to me than Ryan) but the job has given him lots of good experience.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

major, major camera envy.

DK Campbell said...

My goodness y'all are busy! :) No wonder we don't see you anymore... HUGS!!!

Sonya said...

i second the camera envy comment! ours just died. completely! whatever happened with the dog debate?

Anonymous said...

lol--the great dog debate has been put to rest for now. I decided that I don't really want to have to take care of it all the time if Ryan's not excited to help--and really, we ARE gone so much that it would be a little silly. So--I guess I conceded this debate. :)