"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Saturday, January 19, 2008

I Feel Boring


I don't know why I'm even updating today because I really don't have anything exciting to say--hence the title of this post, I feel boring. I apologize in advance. :P


Monday I had staff development at work (no kids--in training all day)...and it should have felt like a short week with the kids, but I guess the barometric pressure or something is off and they were CrAzY! So--due to that, I've got extra paperwork that they basically created for me with their crazy actions and bad choices to catch up on. But--it really wasn't a horrid week; work was just a little hectic!


We had a "date night" last night--which I know is probably funny since we spend more time together than most other couples our age get to. But it's great to have time that we set aside just for us--not for doing anything around the house or grocery shopping or spending "together" time with other people, or anything else--just time to talk, laugh, and enjoy being together! We went out to eat at a cute little family-owned Thai place close by and stopped in at Java on the Square (Ryan's work) on our way home.


Ryan's at work--all day until around 11:00 tonight. I am attempting to get laundry, some minor house straightening, etc. done and will hopefully get around to some of that paperwork for work--that will help with next week! I also need to make a trip to the gym at some point today (which has been going great--I feel wonderful and it really helps my emotional/mental state as well as making me physically feel better).


Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy "boring" while it lasts, Dalene. You may someday wonder where "boring" went and wish for it back... :) Every stage is great, but you are in a neat stage of life... just the two of you. I often wonder, what in the world did we do back then? I know our time was filled and wonderful. Great memories...