"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Monday, February 25, 2008

The Boys




Our Missouri nephews are doing great--and they're all 3 cuter than I can even begin to describe. :) I love that they're all completely different and are at totally unique stages in life. Zaden (2) is a little ball of energy--never stops moving--and talks like crazy now. I love being called "Aunt Danene" or "Day Day" (he calls himself zay-zay) and playing with him. He makes me laugh constantly.


Kingston (11 months) is tall, dark, and handsome--literally. Those big brown eyes are like melted chocolate and he's just as sweet. :) He does great playing quietly by himself on the floor, but he also loves to be played with--we played tug of war with his blankie for awhile on Saturday, which made him laugh out loud several times. He loves his mommy and daddy and really lights up when they come into the room--but he didn't cry when he saw me this time, so I think he's starting to like me too. :)


Xander (2.5 months) is just a sweetie. He's such an easy baby--cuddly, content, and satisfied to just be held. He's a little chub--such cute little rolls and kissable cheeks. He's smiling and starting to coo a little, which is lots of fun. When his little face lights up as he's looking at you, your heart just melts (or mine does anyway).


So--obviously, we had a great weekend with my family! I don't know what else to say--the boys were the center of everyone's weekend and we love them dearly. I still hate to leave them and get a lump in my throat every time we do--but I don't usually cry anymore, so that's an improvement. :P It's best to get hugs and leave quickly--lingering is torture for me. We'll be back in mid-March for Kingston's 1st Birthday...not so far away now! :)

No comments: