"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jacobi's January

Well, I haven't posted for a little bit so thought I'd write a little something here quick while Jacobi finishes his nap in the wrap I'm wearing. He's past the two hour mark now--this is his favorite sleeping spot during the day! He does great in his crib at night, but during the day he likes to be close--and of course I love it as much as he does! Any second now he should wake up starving...but we'll see. Like all babies, his eating habits aren't always predictable although he does usually like it sooner than later. :)

This is one of my favorite recent pictures of Jacobi--so much personality already! He's becoming quite the talker and nothing makes my day quicker than seeing his little face light up in recognition of Ryan or I. :)

Last week we enjoyed a couple of days with a couple of wonderful ladies. Unfortunately, Jacobi wasn't feeling 100% but they did get a little bit of cuddle time in. :)

Jacobi has been busy learning how to fix computers with Daddy. Of course, it's tiring work and he knew Dad had it under control. ;)


Both of my boys taking a little siesta. I love seeing them together! :)

Of course, Jacobi is "growing like bamboo!" I had to use my new found phrase--I love it! It sounds so much cooler than growing like a "weed" and once I heard it, I looked up the growth rate of bamboo to see what that was all about. Some species of bamboo grow as much as 12 inches in a DAY!!! Jacobi's not growing quite that quick, but it's pretty noticeable all the same. :) We went up to school yesterday and my co-workers hadn't seen him since our shower the second week of Dec. They thought he'd really grown and he definitely has!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Ahh...finally an update! Love all the pictures, but especially the first one. You took the picture at exactly the right time. What a cutie. Hope Jacobi has a great weekend with his Starling relatives!

Becky said...

I meant to say cousins!

Neisha said...

oh, he is so sweet. thanks for the new pics

Anonymous said...

He is precious... I'd say "enjoy him", but I can tell you do and are and will. I'd love to see him.