"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's hard to believe, but...


Our boy is 3 months old today (already)! It's been an amazing and wonderful first 3 months, although I for one am really glad that he's sleeping through the night now. I know, I know...we'revery lucky that he's already doing that and really has been for at least 2 weeks. Most nights he goes 6 or 7 hours at a stretch, which is wonderful! I know we're lucky and I'm trying not to take it for granted, but I'm LOVING it!!!


He's getting to be so much fun, with smiles flowing freely and little giggles that he just can't hold back escaping occasionally...we look forward to more of the laughing out loud! His eyes dance and sing and tell stories of their own, I think--I could just about drown in the pools of melted chocolate that are his beautiful eyes!

It's times like this, when I sit and reflect, that I can still hardly believe that this wonderful and amazing little boy is our son! I'd better stop there before I get too sappy or teary, but motherhood is amazing. It's more wonderful than I ever dreamed it could be, but also more difficult than I ever imagined at times. It is an amazing gift that comes with an awesome responsibility and I know that it's only by God's grace and strength that I can be the mother I need to be.

8 comments:

Annie and Len said...

thats very sweet dalene! sounds like hes a doll:) There is a baby at daycare that is adopted and hes sorta black..so i get to snuggle him every day and i think of you guys every time i get to hold him..there is something special about him being adopted that makes it precious to take care of him. i can enter into his parents feelings and know he's special to them. I so want to come down and visit..but we have many things pulling on our strings to go here to go there if we can. i'm sure sometime we'll come down;)

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable, he needs a grammy and grandpa hug!!!!

Neisha said...

he is so stinking cute!!

don't worry...motherhood is all about being sappy and teary

Kristi said...

I never knew how great it would be to be a mother either! It only gets better! L.O.V.E the pictures of your sweetie!

Becky said...

Ahhhh...smooch smooch smooch. Wish I could just scoop him up and get some cuddling in! Three months is such fun age! Perfect smiles!

Sonya said...

I just want to eat my little chocolate drop. hehe. OK these pictures are precious and making me miss him baaaddd! oh yah and you too. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, we found this & I know you like quotes .meg.
"I didn’t give you the gift of life, but in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real, as if it had been so.
For us to have each other is like a dream come true!
No, I didn’t give you the gift of life, life gave me the gift of you."
Author Unknown

Dalene said...

I LOVE that little poem. I read it somewhere before Jacobi was born and it's extremely fitting! :)