"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Missouri Nephews

I apologize: This post has many issues--underlined text, pictures & captions all jumbled up--but I'm too tired to deal with it, so I'm going to bed. I'll try to fix it later. :)

We left on Sunday afternoon to visit my family and stayed until Tuesday afternoon. Really enjoyed seeing everyone again and spending time with them. Our nephews grow and change so much in between visits. Zaden is in the midst of potty training and has what you might describe as an abundance of energy...but yet he can be very sweet and cuddly too. His vocabulary has exploded and includes some pretty amusing phrases. Kingston is still laid-back most of the time and really doesn't let much of anything bother him--he watches Zaden like a hawk and immitates a lot of his actions. He's saying several words now and when I was playing with him I KNOW he repeated "dinosaur" and then just "saur" as we were playing with one. :) Xander is a people person and loves attention--but don't put him down and walk out of the room! He has a huge smile that lights up the room and you can almost always get him to smile if you talk to him and act goofy (which I guess I'm good at). So--that's a summary of the boys; I could go on and on for hours and tell story after story that amused me but I'll refrain. These pictures are just a few of my favorites...feel free to visit our flickr page for more. :) You've probably already guessed, but the captions are numbered in order of the pictures...


#1.) No, of course we didn't get into anything. Really! That red mouth is just a figment of your imagination! Afterall, Xander is only 7 months old and I wouldn't feed him sugar or anything. ;)


2.) Bedtime stories with Zaden & Xander. After reading this Eric Carle book at least 6 times, Zaden told us a very lengthy story about a little boy who went potty a lot (can you tell what's going on in his life?) and was just "bee-diculous" sometimes. It's so fun to hear kids use big words like ridiculous--makes me smile just writing about it.


3.) Zaden looking into the living room from his favorite spot at grammy & grandpa's--the deck.

4.) Kingston--half smile. Unfortunately, I didn't get as many pictures of Kingston this time and found out when I downloaded them from the camera that I really didn't get any that captured his huge, contagious smile. Guess I was too busy playing with him and enjoying it to snap the pictures. :P




Posted by Picasa

No comments: