"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Busy Summer

I'm sure everyone is having a busy summer--seems like the days are flying by. I keep thinking "only a few more weeks until school will be starting" and then I realize that this year that affects me less than it has in the past! Of course, I am hoping to do homebound tutoring and subbing as much as possible when school starts, so it will affect me--but in a much different way than I've been used to. :)

We are headed to Iowa this afternoon when Ryan gets off work (2:30) and will spend tonight and part of tomorrow with Farron, Cheri, and their boys! We can't wait to see them all and meet Liam! Tomorrow is Elliot's 2nd birthday so it will be great to be able to share it with him. :)
Tomorrow afternoon sometime we'll head further north to Wisconsin and spend a little time with Ryan's parents and family there. We'll have to head back home on Tuesday, so it will be another quick trip. I guess we should be getting used to the flying trips up north by now--seems like we haven't been able to stay very long for a few years--does that mean we're adults and "grown ups" now?! Yikes, that's a scary thought!

Okay--enough from me. I'm just killing time here in the last hour before we leave--that always drags out the most for me. I should probably go take out the trash and run the dishwasher so we don't come home to a smelly house...and make sure my flowers have at least a sip of water--although I'm sure they'll be wilted by the time we get back. HAPPY WEEKEND, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish we could see you this week....
I tagged you...see my blog for details!!!

Jeff & Aleigh said...

I just stumbled across your blog from Dorena's! I'm not sure if you remember me or not, but I just wanted to say how excited we were to hear about your adoption!!