"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pride & Joy



This hydrangea is currently the "pride & joy" of our yard. I bought it as a stick 3 years ago--it kind of grew the last 2 years but this year--it bloomed and it's beautiful (to me)! I think this may be my favorite flowering plant, but then again I kind of like them all. It was my Grandma Gray's favorite, as far as I know, so that makes it extra-special to me. :) I've debated taking out the shrubs in front of our porch and putting hydrangea bushes in...but I'd either have to pay more $ than I like for mature plants or wait 3 years before they even begin to look full...so maybe the shrubs will just have to stay.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cheri said...

They remind me of your wedding! Is it the color?

Becky said...

Simply Beautiful! You certainly have what they call a "green thumb!"

Ryan said...

Thanks--I don't know how I got a green thumb; maybe I'm just lucky! Cheri, there were some hydrangeas in our wedding bouquets--not big "balls" of them, but little individual flowers.