"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Around the Yard

Some pictures from around our yard today...I'm loving it! Geraniums and Marigolds are summer classics in my mind. :)

I love the contrast of the blue and gold around the mailbox...

Does anyone know what this third plant is? It's beautiful, green, and gets bigger every year but I have no idea what it is and I don't remember planting it...

This is a case of "Where's the Elephant Ear?" I forgot that I had moved the elephant ear until I noticed it hidden between my HUGE hostas. The Elephant fit well between them last year, but I think it needs a new home now! Or maybe not--I want to thin the hostas out this fall and make a hosta bed on the east side of the house in the shade where nothing grows. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pics around the yard,wow your hostas are big.....hot humid weather is good for something! Looks like you are having fun! Love ya MOM

Anonymous said...

Hi Dalene,

Your mystery plant looks to me like a sedum. Mine will bloom or kind of like a bloom in the fall and turn pink. Love your flowers! Sounds like you are enjoying your summer, oh and Happy Anniversary on Sat. a little late but I did think of you. I'm enjoying thinking of you getting ready for the baby, you are so organized!!! Love you, A. Karen

Becky said...

Your pictures are very nice...now can I see some of pictures of your camping trip? Actually I want to see some pictures of the happy campers! :) Hope you had a wonderful time together.