"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Friday, November 14, 2008

Mr. Chubby Cheeks


Here is Mr. Chubby Cheeks after we got home from his 2 week check-up on Wednesday afternoon. I say "Mr. Chubby Cheeks" very lovingly, of course. I think it's so cute that he's filling out and has some little neck rolls, etc. now. The first picture is purely to show off his cool new lizard blanket--he may not love it yet, but I have a feeling he will--and I already do! Jacobi weighed 8lb. 5 oz., which is 13 oz. above his birth weight! The Dr. was very happy. He said, "he's perfect, but I don't have to tell you that, do I?" I told him that we already knew he was perfect, but it's still nice to hear so keep telling me!

He's doing great--still thinks he needs to eat every 3 to 31/2 hours, even at night--which means I get 2 or 2 1/2 hours of sleep at a time, but I shouldn't complain because I usually get a nap in with him at some point during the day and that helps a lot! I should probably be doing that now since he's sleeping...but anyway! He's drinking 4 oz. at each feeding, or sometimes a little less, I guess that's all the "stats" I have right now. Just wanted to post a quick update! Of course, now I have nothing else to talk about besides Jacobi so that's probably about it as far as blog topics for awhile. :)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

MT Foners said...

: ) understand that we're not looking for weather updates anyways, so thanks!!! glad to hear he's perfect!

Becky said...

I think he just went from adorable to handsome! He's growing up too fast!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness...he is TOO ADORABLE!! Keep the pictures coming! :o)

Anonymous said...

Precious little boy... A special little family. You can never take enough pictures. We think of you often and can't wait to see him ourselves. We don't mind the details - it keeps us close to you when miles apart.

Neisha said...

I love the blanket. He's a boy, he'll love it too

scuski's said...

he's too cute! phat babies are the bestest! i so want that lizard blanket! lizards are my favorite!!

Lorene said...

He is so adorable. I want to touch his hair. I know how soft it is. Annie has a friend who has a little boy just like Jacobi. She spent an afternoon with us shortly after he was born and I got to hold him and stroke his hair. Mama is here so we looked at your blog and wished we could shower him with kisses!