"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Monday, November 3, 2008

6 Days Old
















Here are a few pictures daddy took this morning of Jacobi at 6 days old.

He's already growing so much and we know it won't be long befrore there's meat on those long, skinny limbs. :) He's thriving on the donated breastmilk and although we don't know how long it will last, we figure any amount is better than none!

Notice the cute, cuddly cloth diaper (Kissaluv brand)--we started that last night and love them--no leaks since we began! Pampers and Huggies can't even compare and won't be getting much of our $!!!!! Also, the very alert look on his face and the way he's holding his head up--he's been doing that for a few days and loves to look around when you hold him on your chest. He also smiles--we have yet to catch it on camera, though. When mommy kissed his chin today, he smiled..two different times! I know they say it's gas, but we're not buying it. :) Do we sound like proud new parents or what?!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely PRECIOUS!!! I want to hold him and kiss him! Congratulations! I can only imagine you are soaking up EVERY moment!

Jeff & Aleigh said...

You are definitely proud parents and you have a right to be!! Jacobi is precious and SO lucky to have joined your family!! :)

Becky said...

What a thrill to wake up to new pictures of Jocobi! I just want to reach into my computer and take him in my arms!

Neisha said...

ha ha, you definitely do! I never believed that gas thing. What a sweet baby. Makes me want a little one to snuggle. Hopefully in the next year.

Melissa said...

Oh--his pictures melt my heart!!

Lindsay said...

congratulations- he's just beautiful! little boys are SO much fun...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! he is so deliciuosly adorable!! ;) i'm sooooooooo happy for you guys!

Gwen said...

i might have to get great gma to walk over again later to see todays pics. she gets a little exercise and some fresh air and likes how well she can see him on the computer.
alan has been keeping up with your blog too.

scuski's said...

in reguards to your comment about breastmilk, i remembered something i saw on the la Leche League website about adoptive nursing, here's the link if interested: http://www.llli.org/NB/NBadoptive.html

Anonymous said...

He's so cute. I say this at every picture...but he's adorable. Absolutely adorable. I want one! :)

DK Campbell said...

He's still so cute!!! :) I feel like I'm one of his Aunts or something... ;)

I want to comment on the smiles - OF COURSE they are really smiles!!! Don't you let anyone tell you any different! You need Ryan to catch it after the kisses on the chin! How fun! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Anonymous said...

Dalene, you just glow, I'm so happy for you guys. He's one lucky little boy.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! He is so cute. I can hardly stand to think how old he will be when I finally get to meet him!!! Gabe was just telling me the other night when I showed him the last pictues that I was going to have to tell you to post some pictures of his feet!!! I LOVE baby feet. They are so precious. Thanks for keeping this updated. It is nice to at least have the pictures!!! Love you guys!!! Kiss him for me ok?

Anonymous said...

he's absolutely perfect (as if you didn't already know...)!
i am so happy for you, and i hope we run into each other soon!