"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

Monday, January 4, 2010

Winter Happenings

Snowy Tricycle 1/4/10

These eyes get me every time ;)
First haircut/trim 1/2/10--I think Jacobi is wondering if his daddy knows what he's doing :P
First haircut/trim 1/2/10

I know I'm behind and probably never will get completely caught up...but here's a bit of "news" anyway. :P

We enjoyed traveling to visit family over the holidays. Ryan took the boys & I to meet my sister Tasha on the morning of Christmas Eve and we spent the next two days with my family in MO. I don't have pictures because, well, I was a *bit* busy with both boys and no husband for a couple of days. :P Ryan had to work. He drove up to join us late Friday night and we left for Iowa the next morning early. Unfortunately, Jacobi had a virus and was sick a lot of the time which meant he wasn't his usual happy self. :(

We spent Saturday afternoon-Tuesday morning with Ryan's sister Cheri & her family in Iowa. Their parents were also there for a couple days, so it was good to spend time with everyone. 4 boys in the house made for a busy few days but they had lots of fun together!

Now it's a brand new year--hard to believe it's 2010! Our foster son has been out of preschool for 2 weeks over the holidays and today is a snow day with all the local schools closed. We're all ready for preschool to start again and get back into a routine. It will be a new routine since Ryan's work schedule has changed as of this week. He will now work Monday-Thursday and have every Fri-Sun off!!! I'm excited about the more "normal" schedule, but know it will be an adjustment for me, too since it will mean getting both boys out on Mondays and Tuesdays to make Preston's appointments instead of leaving Jacobi home with Ryan. It will also limit my availability for tutoring on weekdays. It will definitely work, though, especially when Ryan's home on Saturdays. :)

Well, I can't believe I've gotten this much typed with minimal interruption so I'd best stop while I'm ahead. Happy New Year to all! :)

1 comment:

Neisha said...

looks like you got a good amount of snow